STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Magnet
Project based learning focusing on environmental and physical science. Students will have hands-on experiences integrating technology with laboratory experiments.
School-wide Magnet Program
- Preparing students to become active global citizens through rigorous advanced courses that will prepare students for advanced placement courses in high school.
- Guiding students through the preparation of a college plan and portfolio.
- Career Exploration opportunities and field trips to local and state colleges and universitities.
- Technology skills applications to prepare students for the 21st century.
- Integrated curriculum with real world problem solving applications written in cooperation with professors from Florida Atlantic University.
- IMACS - (Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science) Virtual Labs
- Gizmos manipulatives software
- Solar Kits
- GIS - Geographic Information Systems Lab
- Vernier Probeware Data collection system
- Science Fair
- Science Competitions (SECME, LEGO)
- Smart Classrooms
- State of the art STEM computer labs
- Wireless laptops: ratio of 1 laptop for every 2 students
- Interactive boards, LCD projectors, document cameras and digital cameras for classroom use
- Innovative research classees focusing on student solutions to real world problems (GLIDES)
- Student created multimedia presentations using the latest technology: PowerPoint, iPhoto, iMovie, Podcasts, Excel, Garage Band, Edmodo
Engineering and Mathematics
- Rigorous applied math courses including GEM (Algebra I and Geometry)
Interactive and visual instruction with online manipulatives
- First in Math
- Tabula Digita
- IMACS Virtual Robotics Program
- First Lego League (FLL)